A A A

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
? why didn't her neighbors call 911
July 8, 2012
12:09 pm
angel.eyes
Guests

I keep seeing this asked. I don't have the answer for this I just wanted to touch base and give my thoughts.

I'm going to start off by recanting a couple experiences I've had

In 1999 I was married to the father of my three children, we were going through a divorce and he didn't want it, so he sat outside my apt, outside my work and when he took the kids one weekend I decided to go out with some friends,

at 4am I was awoken by a knock on my door it was a somewhat quiet one. I looked out the peep hole and there stood my three babies.

I of coarse opened the door and said whats going on. the kids came in the house and he shoved his way through into the apt. I told him he couldn't be there but he was insisting I had been out with another man.

he then started to shove me around so I told him again to leave and this time he went bazerk. he then started to hit me so I screamed for my kids to go up to there older sisters room. I screamed for someone to call 911 begged for someone to please call the police. he kept grabbing me by my hair and pulling me back and hitting me.. I ran for the phone but got cornered on the kitchen where he through canned goods at me and a coffee pot which shatterd on my head and glass was stuck in my head and feet. I cried out for help i screamed for someone to please call 911 PLEASE. this went on for 30 mins at least, he put my head through a wall and ripped the phone cord out of the wall! NO ONE called!!!! he finally left letting me lay in blood, I think he thought he knocked me out or worse killed me and left. I know my neighbors heard me because I numerous occasions they had called the police cause my 6 yo daughter was running around upstairs and caused there baby to wake up from being too loud, but wouldn't call the police to screams of help and dispair. I had the manager on the other side of me that serv ed me with eviction papers the very next day for disturbing the peace after 10pm and before 4am. so I know they heard it also. when asked why they didn't call they both stated they didn't want to be involved. and the other said it was none of her bussiness. so long story people don't call because 3 reasons either they are afraid for there own safety, they don't want to get involoved or they think it's none of there bussiness. fast forward to 2007 I was at my fiances house and we were eating breakfast when I heard a women scream and a man yell I will Kill you B**** I IMMIDIATLY called 911 I didn't go out and interviene but I watched in horror to make sure he didn't get away before the cops could grab him she told me ater I was the only one who called, she ended up on the hospital for 2 weeks critical/ I still wished to this day I would have tried to stop him. it's sad.... I think Jodi's neighbors felt the same way as the previous people who didn't and wouldn't call 911..... People need to be educated!!!! stop the abuse and stop the violence....thanks for listening I just wanted to share my view on the why didn't anyone call 911.

July 8, 2012
9:52 pm
Garland
Guests

This is a very a valuable story, because it describes the kind of out of control behavior that may have led to Jodi's demise. Like the husband described in this post, I think Jodi's attacker was enraged and determined to exact revenge, because Jodi was dating another man, because she accepted valuable gifts from this other man.  We keep looking for logic, motive and premeditation in this attack, but I think the man who abducted and killed her was in a blood rage, probably fueled by alcohol.   

December 28, 2012
7:31 am

Case Contributor
Members
Forum Posts: 24
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Has anybody seen Jodi’s phone record or that of the television station? Did Jodi have an answering machine, a pager (beeper)?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 401

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 365

Members: 2049

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats: