This open letter is a request for you to seriously consider that day in June of 1995 when you abducted Jodi Huisentruit from the parking lot of her apartment on Kentucky Ave in Mason City, Iowa. I will remind you of some of your actions and what the terrible silence has been like for Jodi’s family. They want to know where you disposed of her body and how that small bit of information can help in their efforts to find closure.
I will remind you of some of actions you took before, during, and after that horrible event.
- First of all, you waited in the parking lot for her to emerge from her apartment. You were there quite early because you knew Jodi usually left for work shortly after 3 am. On this morning it was imperative to abduct her even if you had to wait until the sun came up. You could see that her lights came on about the time Amy Kuns called her from the TV station. Jodi rushed around her apartment to get dressed and to put her hair dryer, makeup and other essentials into a bag.
- You may have had a partner. You were waiting from a concealed position as you saw her lights go out in her apartment. The lights going out was the cue for the other person to come into the parking lot and load her into another vehicle after you rendered her helpless. Jodi did manage some screams as heard by many people living in the apartment building. She screamed again then any shouts were muted. A name was heard.
- You dragged her backwards down the center of the parking bumpers with her heels dragging in the dirt of the pavement. By now you could have read a book by the rising sun. Very risky. Someone claims they saw you put her body into the waiting vehicle and then leave the parking lot to the south. There might have been a partner in another vehicle that left to the north.
- Another person might have been in her apartment that night and has been afraid to come forward.
- You were at her apartment earlier that evening when you went up the stairs and banged on Jodi’s door; “Jodi, open the door I know you’re in there.”
- Are you sure you picked up all of Jodi’s belongings?
- Did you make a mistake and lose something of your own? You waited a long time in that parking lot. There must be something.
- If you acted alone you have a better chance of keeping your secret. If you had a partner somebody else knows everything.
- If you were alone you might have been in her apartment before and knew what time she would be coming out and to try and talk to you about their relationship.
- Did Jodi slap you?
- Did Jodi brush you off?
- Did Jodi die as an accident?
- Maybe you did not intend to kill her?
- Did you lose control?
- Did you grab her from behind and choke her to death?
- What was so important that you took her body to the waiting vehicle?
- Why take her appointment book? Was there something incriminating in it?
- Chances are you have bragged about your crime.
- Is someone you consider a friend willing to tell the whole story?
- If you are an acquaintance you need to think seriously about your actions.
- If you are a relative, spouse, or significant other, you might have noticed changes in your spouse or friend after the abduction.
- Did this person show an interest in the Huisentruit abduction at a higher level than normal level?
- Did this person make frequent trips to a location that might have been the burial site of Jodi?
- Have you, as a spouse, relative, or friend noticed any jewelry and momentos hidden in boxes or bags?
- Does this person exhibit any strange behavior on the anniversary of her abduction?
- Are you frightened by this person?
- There is a good chance that the guilty party is dead. In which case you can come forward and tell authorities what your suspicions are.
- There is also the possibility that this person is in failing health. Please encourage this person to come forward and “clear the books” as such.
- This can be ended after all these years. If you are still alive, please give the family the information of where their daughter and sister is disposed of. If you knew someone who might have done it, please call authorities immediately.
On the anniversary of Jodi’s abduction there continues to be reminders of how long it has been since that terrible day in 1995. This year was no exception. One can stand in the parking lot at 4 am and other than the occasional car going by on Kentucky Avenue there are very few apartments that show that the occupants are up and getting ready to go to work. The parking lot is full with each resident going to their assigned parking places.
When I first started with this case I asked two questions of law enforcement:
- What was so important about this morning and why the abduction had to be accomplished today?
- Why was Jodi’s body taken from the scene?
Despite thousands of hours the Investigators of Mason City Police Department have not lost interest in this case.
We need to bring Jodi home.
Please help us. You can anonymously send us a message by clicking here.