Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register sp_MemberList Members

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Two things
July 21, 2016
4:36 pm

Two thing that bug me.

I have been intrigued by this case for two years or so after stumbling upon it via another unsolved missing person case (not related, more of a "if you were interested in this, read about this case"..etc). Two minor questions:

Is it always the case that the police are called that quickly? The reason I ask is that I find it odd that no one from her work went to check on her first. It's not like it's a massive city so it wouldn't take long. I had a work colleague who sometimes had a busy personal life and would oversleep or run late more often than not. Someone on our team would call her (also before cell phones were mainstream) and tell her to get her "rear end" to work. A couple of times one of us went to her place, knocked on the door, she'd eventually answer and then appear at work within 30 minutes. Why didn't someone drive to her apartment to check? Or maybe send a manager? Is every situation worthy of a call to the police first? 

I also find it odd that I've not read anywhere that the raised toilet seat may have been Jodi herself. Maybe she threw up? Hangover? Upset stomach? Likely though it was a guy as personally I think she was trying to manage the attention of s couple of guys. But it is an alternative "what if"...

July 25, 2016
3:02 pm
julie eckhoff

I find it hard to believe that no one knew about Jodi's fear of a stalker.  I think it was reported at some time that she was escorted to work a couple of times by police.  I don't believe that her co-workers would not have not known about that or been more concerned when she never showed up at all which had never happened before.  On the recently added podcast on this site it says that Jodi's boss made a point of telling her not to be late for work the next morning in front of a number of people at the golf tournament they had both attended.  On a video of her boss taken at some time after her abduction her boss says that he had never heard that she had ever been late for work That  until after the fact.  That does not make any sense.  I do not want to be insensitive but the toilet seat being left up may have been a sign of Jodi having morning sickness.  

September 18, 2016
2:57 pm

Case Contributor
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
August 31, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

One thing I know about women.  Women always put the seat down when they are finished with whatever they are doing.  It's us 'insensitive men' that leave it up.  It reminds me of a long overdue apology that was posted online.  Hope you enjoy it and accept our apology.


I left the toilet seat up yesterday and at 2am this morning... it finally happened.  To all the women in my life, past & present, I apologize... Especially my grandma.  I get it now.  #MyKneesHitMyChest #FoldedLikeALawnChair #ScariestMomentOf2016 #iKnockedEverythingOffEveryCounterOnMyWayDown #AllMyLifeIHadToFight #SoSoCold #ForSomeReasonIYelledWhoIsInHereAsIWasFalling #ThoughtIWasBeingAttacked #iWasStillSleep #Survivor

May 11, 2017
10:20 am

Case Contributor
Forum Posts: 18
Member Since:
May 12, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Im thinking that  it was a skeleton crew at the station that early in the morning and prob no one could leave during the broadcast. After it was over and there was still no answer to their calls and no Jodi, they prob felt she warranted a welfare check by police, even tho it took a few hours later than it should have, considering what happened. They made the correct choice in that any evidence couldnt b compromised by their presence at her home or in/by her car...

Ive pointed out in an earlier post that unless she was cleaning the toilet, the seat wouldnt have been up...in all probability unless a man was there...Even if she was sick and needed to throw up i doubt she'd lift the seat. Even if she wanted to clean it after getting sick she really wouldnt have had the time considering she had overslept and was late for work.. I also think its possible an officer who responded to the call may have used it. Fingerprints should have been taken but they werent as they didnt consider the apt a crime scene. 

On another note, its kind of sad to see the lack of activity in the forum..Im to blame for that also as i used to post here frequently a few years back and have been a member for almost 10yrs...This and the Maura Murray case haunt me and i hope for a resolution to the mystery and dead ends of their disappearances...I follow the Jodi FB page also, as well as Maura's, tho im unsure whats gonna happen to her page as the main admin there, a family cousin of Maura's, recently passed away...

I remember Jodi' case when it first aired on Unsolved Mysteries over 20 yrs ago....Its hard to imagine that all these years later there is no new info to what happened. Her mother never got to know what happened to her youngest daughter before she left this earth she disappeared on....As the years go by more people fall away from the equation...but perhaps one of these falls will loosen a real clue to what happened..I will continue to come here and hope for new info forever...

May 13, 2017
5:31 pm

Case Contributor
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
August 31, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The interesting thing is that the abduction happened near the door where Jodi would have been exiting the apartment building(see image below).  The white van was seen with parking lights on at the other side of the parking lot(see video link below at 2:45).  I think it's very likely the van was leaving and stopped there.  The van was probably running, and I believe the abductor may have went into her apartment after the abduction.  The abductor may have suddenly realized he needed to retrieve something from the apartment.  The abductor had to pee, and that's why a man used the bathroom after Jodi got ready.  He was probably sitting in his vehicle for quite a while.  It makes it likely he knew Jodi and had been in her apartment before.

Jodi5_zps702496bf.pngImage Enlarger

July 3, 2017
2:41 pm

You are correct. At the time of Jodi's disappearance, I was a production assistant at KIMT (though I primarily worked on the evening shift.) During the early morning shows, the staff consisted of 1-2 anchors, 1 reporter/producer/news gatherer, 1 director and 3-4 production assistants.  If Jodi wasn't there to contribute her part, the rest of the staff would have been scrambling to cover for her and get the news show put together - there's no way anyone could leave.  In theory, one of the staff could have contacted other anchors/directors/the station manager, but it would be easy to overlook for one, and possible that no one would answer their phones that early in the morning for two. 

RachelB said
Im thinking that  it was a skeleton crew at the station that early in the morning and prob no one could leave during the broadcast.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Tomahawk: 44

Summer: 26

Thunderkloud: 25

lwt: 24

Oldnews: 22

Retro: 20

RachelB: 18

mrs_jack_mccoy: 17

janettevv: 15

Muskgrove: 15

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 353

Members: 324

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 1

Topics: 449

Posts: 2656

Administrators: Josh Benson: 89